Government builds and Buildertrend with Michelle Warren
On today’s episode of “The Building Code,” Tom and Paul are getting to know U.S. Air Force veteran Michelle Warren, now president of Caliber Construction in Albuquerque, N.M. After 20 years in the military, Michelle retired and partnered with developer Wayne Berry to open Caliber Construction – a company that does projects for the U.S. federal government.
Tune in to the full episode to hear more about her career, how her company has been dealing with the challenges of the pandemic and how Buildertrend and the new Work in Progress report are helping to run the business.
HOW ARE YOU KEEPING JOB SITES SAFE DURING THE PANDEMIC?
- Focusing on maintaining sanitized construction sites
- Anyone who comes into the job sites sanitize themselves and their tools
- Every hour, the teams take 10 to 15 minutes to re-sanitize
- Working for the government, if anyone leaves the state, they are required to quarantine for two weeks
HOW DOES BUILDERTREND HELP YOU RUN YOUR BUSINESS?
- The platform is great for running day-to-day operations
- It allows us to keep historical documents
- We’re able to track change management
- The Work in Progress report provides a financial snapshot of all jobs
- I’m able to check the status of my jobs in real time on a daily basis
LINKS AND MORE
Interested in attending the Buildertrend Online Conference? Click here to learn more.
Check out Caliber Construction on their website.
Are you a fan of “The Building Code” podcast? Nice! Be sure to head over to Facebook and join The Building Code Crew page for some fun discussions with fellow listeners.
Never miss an episode.
Get updates in your inbox
COVID-19 and construction series: Southwest U.S. region
Tune in to the full episode to hear how these southwestern U.S. homebuilders have been adapting to change over the past 10 months.
Benefits and tax prep with Gusto’s Will Lopez
Listen to the full episode to learn more about Gusto and how they help small construction businesses provide payroll, benefits and HR services for their teams.
Connecting to clients virtually with Burke Florom
Listen to episode 101 for tips on how to maximize your relationships in the construction industry during this time of virtual interactions.