New user FAQs: Top 10 Buildertrend setup tips
Congratulations! You’ve now got tech on your side. To successfully get started, get all your questions answered on Buildertrend training, setup and more.
So, you’ve just become a new Buildertrend user? It’s time to celebrate because you’ve now got the tools to launch your business toward more profits, more efficiency and more success.
Now we know getting started with construction project management software isn’t without its challenges. But think of it like taking on a new hobby or workout routine. You brush up your knowledge and stay committed to see massive results.
Part of that learning process involves asking the right questions. Now, you might be wondering … what exactly are the right right questions? That’s where we come in. (Cue: Superhero music.) To provide your team with foolproof Buildertrend setup tips, we outlined some of the most popular questions asked by our new users.
Here they are:
- What type of support and resources are available through Buildertrend?
Your business’ potential knows no limits – and neither do we at Buildertrend. That’s why we offer unlimited Buildertrend training and support. Plus, we know that different teams want to learn in different ways. Whether you want to master tech through webinars, online courses or structured training sessions, we’re with you at every stage of your journey.
Here are the options available to you:
- A dedicated support team – Get up and running quickly with a team of experts assigned to you.
- 24/7 Help Desk, videos, tutorials and FAQs – If you prefer to learn on your own, one of these might be your pick.
- Buildertrend Learning Academy – Check out online courses that help you tap into the full potential of Buildertrend and get your team construction software certified.
- Buildertrend University – Join us for a live, two-day conference at our headquarters.
- Buildertrend Online Conference – Virtually check out one day of learning, where we show how tech solves a specific pain point through a series of courses.
- Buildertrend Onsite Consulting – Our most in-depth Buildertrend training option, Onsite Consulting helps tailor our tech to your specific needs.
- What do other Buildertrend users do to be successful?
Here’s a fun fact: Customers who take the time to train on tech are twice as likely to succeed. Now here’s another fun fact: Once trained up, Buildertrend users spend, on average, 55% less time* on scheduling and job production. That means you can save major time later for a little effort now.
Beyond training, there is no one key to success with Buildertrend. Our robust construction software helps teams win in all sorts of ways. Check out our library of case studies to see what success with us looks like beyond these Buildertrend setup tips.
*Based on research of internal data conducted by Hobson & Co on behalf of Buildertrend.
- Who will I train with?
When it comes to Buildertrend training, you don’t have to go it alone. We’re your champions of better building.
There is a dedicated Customer Success team assigned to your account. Within that team, you’ll have an onboarding specialist who you’ll work with the first 90 days. After that, you’ll train with an implementation specialist to further learn our features. Throughout your time with us, an account executive will oversee each step and assist you with any upgrades or getting started using additional professional services.
- How do I get my data into Buildertrend?
Don’t let data drag you down. We’ve got people who do that hard work for you. As part of your dedicated Customer Success team, a data implementation specialist will help input all the necessary info to get your account up and running.
To make things even easier, we also have a variety of schedule and selection templates that are automatically loaded into your account.
- What features should I train on first?
The answer to that question depends on what your goal is with Buildertrend. In your first few days as a new customer, you’ll meet your Customer Success team, and they’ll work with you to establish your desired outcomes. From there, they’ll start teaching you which features get you there – and how.
However, it is important to include within this guide of Buildertrend setup tips that most teams get started using our core four features: Schedules, To-Do’s, Daily Logs and File Management. These are our most popular project management tools and some of the easiest to use.
- How will these trainings be structured?
Each Buildertrend training session is structured for 45 minutes. Throughout the training, we take you through a specific feature (or features) and share best practices. We record the training, so you can reference the meeting later or share with someone who couldn’t attend.
- How do I add another user to Buildertrend?
You already made the investment in Buildertrend – now it’s time to see the payoff. Companies that add a second user are 3.71 times more likely to succeed with Buildertrend.
Inviting internal users from your team is quick and easy. Each user can set up a username and a password, unique to them, that will allow them access to Buildertrend – both online and via the mobile app. Here’s how to get more of your team in our system:
- Hover over Users silhouette
- Select + New next to Internal Users
- Fill in their details
- Select Save
Yep, it’s that easy.
- What’s the first step I should take after signing up for Buildertrend?
Why stop at just one step? Here are the first three to take on the path toward future success:
- Step 1: Schedule your first training – Our team is there for yours from the very start.
- Step 2: Set up your profile – Before that first training, take care of filling in the basic details. Then you can get down to the real work right away.
- Step 3: Download the Buildertrend app – Make your jobs as mobile as you are. This gives you Buildertrend’s full functionality and features, all on your phone.
- How do I create a proposal in Buildertrend?
Proposals can be built from our sales section. Click on a lead, choose the Proposals tab then click New Proposals to start the process. You can import an existing Proposal from Excel, any of our integration partners or create one from scratch using a template in Buildertrend.
From our templates, make changes to the cost codes, adjust the percentage of markup and format with introductory text. Once it’s created just to your liking, collect signatures from clients electronically right in Buildertrend.
There’s more help where that came from! Our 24/7 Help Center includes Buildertrend setup tips and articles that give a more in-depth explanation on this process.
- How do I let potential clients know I am a Buildertrend user?
Today’s homeowners want to work with builders who are just as tech-savvy as them. That’s you now that you’ve got tech in your tool belt. Promote yourself as top contractor who uses digital tools to deliver next-level transparency and communication by downloading your Buildertrend Customer Badge and promotional toolkit.
Not yet a Buildertrend new user but want to become one?
To get started using the No. 1 construction software, demo our platform today.
Once you’re all signed up, swing back to this article. Knowledge is power, and these FAQs help lay a strong foundation for any new-to-tech company. (Especially yours. But don’t tell the others.)
Why happy employees are key to a successful construction business
Buildertrend was named one of the best places to work in the nation. Happy employees are a cornerstone of our success. They can be for you, too.
Top 5 tools to manage your social media strategy in 2021
As a construction owner, you don’t have time to stress over social. Add these marketing tools to your arsenal to take the work out of it.
Top 6 moments from the Building Better Summit
Whether you missed this virtual event or want to recap what you learned, check out the best insights from the first-ever Building Better Summit.