As a subcontractor, you’re managing a huge number of projects on any given day. So, you know that keeping your schedule on track with regular updates and accurate deadlines is essential.
If you’ve worked with a contractor who uses Buildertrend, then you know that those who don’t are a lot less organized. And if you haven’t worked with a Buildertrend custom home builder, here’s why they’re the best and why you’ll never want to work without Buildertrend again.
What is Buildertrend?
We’re changing the way the world builds.
Buildertrend is the leading cloud-based construction software used by home builders, remodelers and specialty contractors. Since 2006, Buildertrend has empowered the construction industry to rise above the status quo and radically transform the way it does business. We’re now the leading project management software trusted by builders, remodelers and contractors across the globe.
But our cutting-edge software doesn’t just improve processes for custom home builders, it also makes juggling high job volumes easier for subcontractors like you.
What are the top Buildertrend features used by subcontractors, and why are they beneficial?
1.Schedule: With the Schedule feature you’ll always be prepared. You can access the schedule for each of your projects and always be aware when there’s a shift in the timeline. Don’t worry about wasting your time or showing up to the job site when they’re not ready for you. With Buildertrend’s home builder software, you’ll be notified of updates to the Schedule, so you’re never caught off guard.
2. Files: Never stress over unorganized file management. Buildertrend allows you to view and download files such as documents, photos and videos from your contractor. Everything you need is in one central location and can be found quickly in your Subcontractor Portal with designated folders for each job.
3. Comments and Messages: Keep all job-related communication in one place. With Buildertrend’s collaborative features, you can collect job-specific information in real time and reduce unnecessary phone calls and text messages. Easily manage communications with your existing email and receive notifications directly on your phone.
4. Daily Logs: You can view Daily Logs to see what’s been done day to day on each project. You also have the ability to add your own Daily Logs to update the contractor on completed work or delays. This will help to ensure you’re always on the same page and stay up to date on job timelines.
5. To-Do’s: Using To-Do’s is an easy way to communicate with your custom home builder, and when a task is assigned to you, you’ll receive a notification. Within To-Do’s you can quickly view assigned tasks, upload files and track project progress.
6. Mobile app: With the Buildertrend mobile app, you can easily communicate with your contractor from the field. Have access to all features while on the go and receive notifications for any updates.
Did you know we also offer training for subcontractors?
Change is intimidating for many, and we know that updating your processes and learning loads of new information can seem like a daunting task. Here at Buildertrend, we can help set your mind at ease within a few training sessions. Training will help you and your team build confidence with our home builder software while fostering a better connection with your custom home builder.
When you’re first starting out as a Buildertrend user, you may run into some questions. Not a worry. We offer unlimited training, and our helpful team can seamlessly transition you into using our software. And once you’ve got the hang of it, you’ll never want to work without it.
Ready to start mastering Buildertrend?
Let us help with training, so you can keep communication and processes with your contractor running smoothly. To learn more about training opportunities and our other resources, give us a call. Our team is always happy to help!