Haven Builders Part 1: Self-evaluating for success with Dallas Stobbe
On this episode of “The Building Code,” Tom and Paul are talking growth and success in building a business with Dallas Stobbe of Haven Builders in Saskatoon, a Canadian province of Saskatchewan. Dallas started Haven Builders in 2010 with the dream of providing high-end, luxury home design and building services for their area.
Tune in to the full episode to hear about how you can use learning opportunities, up-front communication and technology to ensure growth and success for your business. And be sure to check out Part 2 of the episode launching next week!
YOU HAVE AN ARCHITECTUAL TECHNOLOGIST ON YOUR TEAM. CAN YOU TELL US MORE ABOUT THAT ROLE?
- An architectural technologist is well versed in construction and they do all their work on the computer
- They draft house plans and provide 3D modeling that allows for virtual walk-through tours with clients
- They draw and select furniture pieces that can then be purchased by the homeowners during the design process
- Architectural technologists play a very important role because they help the homeowners imagine what their dream home will look like when it’s finished
WHAT ARE SOME TIPS FOR ENSURING A SMOOTH BUILDING PROCESS?
- Look at the stigmas of building custom homes and learn from them
- Put effort into the up-font of each project and set expectations
- Don’t over promise and say you’ll do something that isn’t possible
- Plan for as much as you can at the beginning to avoid change orders
- Invest in your people and technology
LINKS AND MORE
Connect with Haven Builders on their:
Are you a fan of “The Building Code” podcast? Nice! Be sure to head over to Facebook and join The Building Code Crew page for some fun discussions with fellow listeners.
Never miss an episode.
Get updates in your inbox
Proactive client communication with R.B. Gallup of Gallup & LaFitte
On today’s episode, Tom and Paul are chatting with Gallup and LaFitte about how to maintain superior customer service. Tune in to hear how.
Applying commercial processes to residential construction with Steve Tankersley
This week we are speaking about commercial processes in residential construction with Steve Tankersley of Tankersley Construction.
Finding the value in tech with Decking Sydney
On this episode, Tom and Paul are chatting with Darren Brown of Decking Sydney.