Building architect relationships with Stacy Eakman
On today’s episode of “The Building Code” Tom and Paul are talking to Stacy Eakman of Eakman Construction Company in Seattle. This episode contains lots of great content around the importance of creating and maintaining relationships with architects.
Check out the full episode to hear about how the company is dealing with job site safety amid the pandemic, how they’re using TikTok to attract a younger following and how you can use architect relationships to land more leads.
HOW EAKMAN CONSTRUCTION IS KEEPING THEIR JOB SITES SAFE
- We loaded up on safety materials like masks, hand sanitizer, gloves, safety glasses and wash stations
- We continue to find ways to work with inefficiencies like keeping workers 6 feet apart
- We keep track of who is on each job site every day and monitor the health of our employees and subcontractors by taking their temperature when they arrive to work
TIPS FOR MAINTAINING RELATIONSHIPS WITH ARHCITECTS
- Put yourself out there
- Stay at the top of mind for the architects you really want to work with by stopping by or staying in touch regularly
- Be willing to do the projects that other contractors don’t want to do in order to build those relationships
- Architects tend to work with the same group of contractors that they know do a great job, so when given the opportunity, ensure you give them a great experience
- Reach out to architects when things are busy. They often look for new contractors when their go-to contractors aren’t available
LINKS AND MORE
Eakman Construction website
Follow Eakman Construction on:
Never miss an episode.
Get updates in your inbox
COVID-19 and construction series: Southwest U.S. region
Tune in to the full episode to hear how these southwestern U.S. homebuilders have been adapting to change over the past 10 months.
Benefits and tax prep with Gusto’s Will Lopez
Listen to the full episode to learn more about Gusto and how they help small construction businesses provide payroll, benefits and HR services for their teams.
Connecting to clients virtually with Burke Florom
Listen to episode 101 for tips on how to maximize your relationships in the construction industry during this time of virtual interactions.