Do’s and don’ts for sharing your new home experience
So, you’re a new homeowner and eager to share your excitement with everyone on social. Before you do, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Congratulations! You’re a homeowner.
Whether you’ve bought a house and you’re doing some remodeling or your new home is being built, it’s a really exciting time. Buying a home is a huge accomplishment, so it’s normal to want to share your joy with everyone. And luckily, social media has made sharing super easy.
That being said, you want to make sure you’re doing social media the right way. Here are some tips for how to best share your new home experience as well as some posts you may want to avoid.
- Take photos of your new spaces and share them with your friends and family. After all, that’s what social media is for, right? This is an exciting time to enjoy with others!
- If you’re doing renovations or building a new house, take your social following along for the ride. It could be fun to share a few updates along the way and the finished product at the end. For those renovation projects, take photos at the start and finish. Everyone loves a good before and after.
- An easy way to keep track of your new home journey is to come up with a hashtag. This is especially helpful during the design or remodeling process, so you can look back on your progress.
- Use Pinterest to inspire the design of your new home. Making a new house your own is a great time to share DIY projects with friends or ask for advice.
- Connect with your neighbors online or join the neighborhood group on social. Getting to know your neighbors will help you adjust to your surroundings and will make your new house feel like home.
- Although sharing is great, you don’t want to overshare. A few photos will suffice when posting updates to your social media accounts – no need for an entire photo album.
- Be sure you’re not sharing any identifiable information when adding photos online. It’s easy enough to find personal information online these days, and you don’t want to make it even easier.
- Don’t share every day. This is an exciting time for you as a new homeowner, but truthfully, no one really wants or needs to see daily updates. A single post here and there will suffice.
Share your experience using Buildertrend
Did you know you can share your remodeling or new home build progress photos through the Buildertrend Customer Portal? Well, you can!
If your contractor uses Buildertrend, you can use the Customer Portal on your desktop or through the Buildertrend app to post updates on your social media accounts.
Construction estimates and proposals: What's the difference?
Proposals and Estimates within Buildertrend are different, but how? We’re outlining each feature and how they’re used to secure more business.
How to deliver accurate construction estimates
Estimating in construction isn’t easy. Keep these tips in mind to create accurate estimates, win more jobs and protect your profits.
How do you measure cash flow in construction?
Managing cash flow in construction can be difficult. Check out these expert insights for how to best maintain balanced finances.