This week on “The Building Code,” Tom and Paul are speaking with Steve Tankersley of Tankersley Construction in Sacramento, Calif. Steve and his wife started in commercial construction and decided to start their family-owned business when they saw a need for increased organization processes such as job costing in the residential construction industry.
Tune in to the full episode to hear about how Steve and his wife apply their large-scale commercial construction experience to their small-scale commercial and residential construction projects.
WHY IS THERE MORE ORGANIZATION AND PROCESSES IN COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION?
- Expectations of the client and the commercial industry overall
- There are so many more variables and procedures
- They require more mockups and detailed procedures for installation
- There’s a higher level of quality and detail expected now with all the new project management products available
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CHALLENGES YOU’VE HAD IN THE FIRST THREE YEARS OF BUSINESS?
- Managing growth and making sure we don’t grow too quick and lose track of things
- Making sure projects don’t get out of hand and unmanageable
- Qualifying our clients and making sure they’re a right fit
- Making sure we get the right guys in the field
LINKS AND MORE
Connect with Tankersley Construction on their:
Are you a fan of “The Building Code” podcast? Nice! Be sure to head over to Facebook and join The Building Code Crew page for some fun discussions with fellow listeners.