IBS Builder Talks: Emergent Construction - Systems & Social Media | Episode 4
March 15, 2019 | The Building Code
Matt Troyer | Emergent Construction
Matt Troyer, CEO at Emergent Construction (Indianapolis, Indiana), joins us on The Building Code podcast at the
International Builders' Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, to give the lowdown on business systems and his company's
strategy for social media marketing
From years of running his business, Matt and his team realized there just had to be a better way to manage the company. For them, two years ago was the turning point to ditch the spreadsheets, say goodbye to paper, and say "hey there" to Buildertrend.
Like many builders, Emergent Construction found everything was easier through Buildertrend, because they were able to combine all their existing business into this one place. This transition was easy for them, because Matt and his team realized they needed to make a change to a construction project management software in order to keep growing the business.
Matt and Emergent Construction have also created a sizeable Instagram presence - it's serving as both a marketing tool and networking opportunity for the Indiana builder. Matt has noticed that having a strong presence and following on Instagram has given Emergent Construction more credibility and trust.
A bit more about their Instagram following:
- Nearly 5,000 followers (as of March 2019)
- About 50% of their clients come from Instagram
- They don't pay for advertising - only now and then do they boost a post
- Emergent Group takes, edits and posts their own photography - no stock needed
- Matt manages the account - with a view from the top, the posts speak to the true reality of the business and industry