Upgrading the remodeling experience in San Francisco with Jeff Kann
On this episode of “The Building Code,” Tom and Paul are talking with Jeff Kann of Houseworks Inc. in San Francisco. Houseworks is a design-build company that focuses on creating highly functional and beautiful spaces for their clients.
Tune in to the full episode to hear about how Jeff’s experience with building homes as a homeowner led to his passion for remodeling houses and how he uses communication to maintain a superior client experience.
HOW DO YOU HELP HOMEOWNERS IMPROVE THEIR LIVES THROUGH THE SPACE IN THEIR HOMES?
- Start by identifying the homeowner’s needs and their requirements
- Work with the existing footprint of the home to make improvements
- Create flow between the living spaces and the kitchen space
- Add bedrooms and bathrooms for a growing family
- Make sure rooms are laid out and accessible for aging adults
HOW HAS TECHNOLOGY HELPED MAINTAIN CLIENT COMMUNICATION?
“Not every homeowner can see a construction site and actually know what happened. We assume that they do because we see it, but if that’s not what you do, you don’t always know. Sometimes it looks like there was nothing happening for a period of time when actually there’s a ton of stuff happening.”
To keep clients informed we:
- Post and share schedules through the Buildertrend app, so clients can access it when it’s most convenient for them
- Use the Daily Logs feature as a way to keep homeowners informed on a daily basis
- Upload photos, so clients can see what work has been done on their home
LINKS AND MORE
Check out Houseworks Inc. on their website and follow them on social:
Are you a fan of “The Building Code” podcast? Nice! Be sure to head over to Facebook and join The Building Code Crew page for some fun discussions with fellow listeners.
Never miss an episode.
Get updates in your inbox
Finding purpose and building relationships with Jeff Sawyer
Tune in to hear about how Jeff and his team use his relationships to grow their business and make a difference in their community.
Building a winning business strategy with David Arnold
This week, we are discussing business strategies with David Arnold, chief strategy officer here at Buildertrend.
Templates: Why we love ‘em and why you should, too
This week we are talking templates with Buildertrend onsite consultant and template guru, Jordan Coolidge.