Finding the value in tech with Decking Sydney
On today’s episode of “The Building Code,” Tom and Paul are chatting with Darren Brown of Decking Sydney. The company is based in Alexandria, an inner-city suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Darren worked as a subcontractor on projects and had his own decking business before deciding to work full time at Decking Sydney.
Tune in to the full episode to hear about how Darren and the Decking Sydney team have used Buildertrend to transform the way they run their jobs and keep their projects running smoothly.
HOW HAS BUILDERTREND AND TECHNOLOGY IN GENERAL HELPED STREAMLINE HOW YOU WORK?
- Buildertrend helped us to take all our clunky processes and transform them into one cohesive operation
- The great thing about Buildertrend is everyone on the team is able to work together and communicate effectively about what’s happening with each project
- Using technology like FaceTime and Buildertrend has been great because they have saved us so much time
- I’ve learned that it may cost money to implement initially, but in the long run it saves money
- Technology helps to prevent mistakes on the job site that could have potentially been a huge cost
YOU DO MANY UNIQUE PROJECTS. WHAT’S YOUR INSPIRATION?
- To be completely honest, I get a lot of my inspiration for most of the designs we do from American deck builders. I’ve always said that I personally believe the Northern Hemisphere’s probably about ten years ahead of us as far as deck building in terms of materials, the way you guys do things
LINKS AND MORE
Check out this Decking Sydney deck project Darren mentioned in the episode.
Connect with Decking Sydney on their:
Are you a fan of “The Building Code” podcast? Nice! Be sure to head over to Facebook and join The Building Code Crew page for some fun discussions with fellow listeners.
Never miss an episode.
Get updates in your inbox
COVID-19 and construction series: Southwest U.S. region
Tune in to the full episode to hear how these southwestern U.S. homebuilders have been adapting to change over the past 10 months.
Benefits and tax prep with Gusto’s Will Lopez
Listen to the full episode to learn more about Gusto and how they help small construction businesses provide payroll, benefits and HR services for their teams.
Connecting to clients virtually with Burke Florom
Listen to episode 101 for tips on how to maximize your relationships in the construction industry during this time of virtual interactions.