Feature Spotlight: Owner Portal with Nick Pitsch
On this episode of The Building Code, we’re joined by our very own Nick Pitsch who is a training coordinator here at Buildertrend. He also happens to be a big fan of this podcast, so we were thrilled when he agreed to come on to talk about a beloved Buildertrend feature – the Owner Portal!
Owner Portal 411
The Owner Portal allows our clients to customize what information and the amount of information they would like the homeowners to be able to see regarding their home remodeling or building project. Nick believes any Buildertrend user who has clients should be using the Owner Portal. Why?
Transparency is valuable in the eyes of a consumer in 2019 and as Paul points out, that will not be changing anytime soon. The Owner Portal is quick and easy to set up and allows homeowners to know what stage of completion their home is at. In other words, it saves builders time on the phone and gives homeowners peace of mind. A true win-win situation.
Paul & Pitsch’s Tips
- The Owner Portal should be a part of the sales pitch to customers.
- Upload and share photos with the homeowner.
- Use your To-Dos feature to remind yourself to update the Daily Logs so the homeowners can count on getting updates consistently.
- Choose a photo of the project manager for the profile picture of the project. This allows the homeowners to see a familiar face when they log in to see updates on their home.
- In the video section, create a welcome video to your client introducing them to the entire team.
Links and More
Never miss an episode.
Get updates in your inbox
Haven Builders Part 1: Self-evaluating for success with Dallas Stobbe
Tom and Paul are talking growth and success in building a business with Dallas Stobbe of Haven Builders in Saskatoon, a Canadian province of Saskatchewan.
Talking home projects and power tools with Sarah Listi
Today on “The Building Code,” Tom and Paul are joined by power tool reviewer and home improvement enthusiast, Sarah Listi.
How to provide award-winning customer service
What’s better than one Stevie Award? Two! For the second year in a row, the Buildertrend customer success team has won an award.